Sunday, April 3, 2011

My kitty, Snowy! for the Swap-Bot Swap




I have always loved animals and had a great many pets of various kinds. Mostly cats and dogs. However, cats seem to be more independant and less needy than dogs so that's why I have them as pets as I usually have no help to care for them.

My current kitty is a Bengal named Snowy. His breed name is Seal Lynx Point Snow Bengal and he was born on 07/16/2009. His formal name is Bill's Snowy Spots Blizzard. I received him into my home on a nasty Washington day in November 2009. We usually have gray skies and drizzle, but this day was dark skies and downpours. Of course, these breeders don't live down the street and nobody would go with me on the 1 hour drive for love nor money. I did get to see one of our State's more famous penal institutions which is on a hill right beside a nice new high school. They look almost like they are connected. A strange place to put a school.

Snowy is a funny little boy. He weighs himself each morning when I'm getting his food ready. He weighs about 11.5 pounds. My scales are in the kitchen, so I can see how much I can eat for the day and he uses it as a waiting area for feeding time. He's very nosey and wants to know about everything. He really likes those caps that come on bottled water, and soda pop. If you are going to drink anything like that, you better keep the top on it, or he will make away with it before you know it.

I have a housemate (roomer) and the cat loves to steal from her. Snowy got a cap off her contact lens case and it was missing for days and then weeks later came up with a different colored one that did not belong to either of us. Tonight Snowy made off with bottle of fingernail polish and a hair band (or whatever they call them). Snowy has good taste in jewelry and likes dangly pierced earrings. By now the roomer should know to keep her stuff locked up, you'd think.

The day I brought Snowy home, I bought a little beige colored doughnut shaped bed for him. I have always kept it on my kingsize bed for him to sleep in. That's where he stays when he's not roaming around. He's not much of a cuddly cat, but he likes to be close to me at all times. When I am in the computer room, he's always sleeping on the chair beside me or playing in the wires (yikes).

The housemate has a fat little Pug named Izzy. Izzy and Snowy have such fun together running and playing chase and sharing food. When Izzy won't eat something, the cat will show interest and Izzy will take over. They usually sleep together all day long and the cat gives the dog kisses from time to time.
Naturally, I could go on and on, but I will cut it off for now. The picture shows my Snowy boy in one of his favorite places. He's taken over one of the sinks in the master bathroom. It's unused most of the time and the overflow vent has warm air coming in from the heater duct in the base of the vanity. So he's found a place that just fits him and he's snug as a bug in a rug. He managed to get the stopper out a couple of times and drag it across the floor (even though I had it closed so it would not be uncomfortable for him to sleep on), so I retrieved it and put it in a drawer.

Here is a video of the 2 different kinds of Bengals that I have had when they were kittens: CLICK ME .

Thank you for participating in this swap. BillNTacoma.

No comments: