Tuesday, March 15, 2011

10 Selected iPhone Apps Recommended by Ken R.

I consider myself a collector of iPhone apps, currently I have 260 apps on my phone, so I didn’t want to suggest only 5. What I have decided to do instead is suggest to you 5 FREE apps and 5 apps that cost a few dollars.
Here are the 5 FREE apps.

Name of App: eBay
Price: $ FREE
What it does: It allows you to shop and sell on eBay
Why I like it: allows me to keep track of my auctions and make bids all from almost anywhere.

Name of App: PayPal
Price: $ FREE
What it does: It allows you to send money to anyone with a PayPal account and pay for eBay auctions.
Why I like it: I can buy merchandise for my business from anywhere I have cell phone signal, and pay for winning auctions from eBay.

Name of App: SugarSync
Price: $ FREE (account registration required but basic is free)
What it does: allows you to sync files, photos and music from your computers and your iPhone.
Why I like it: I like to access files on my iPhone that are stored on my computers in my office.

Name of App: Netflix
Price: $ Free (Netflix membership required)
What it does: allows you to watch movies available for instant play from Netflix
Why I like it: you guessed it, I am out on the road a lot. I like to have remote access to most things in my life, and that includes some entertainment.

Name of App: RedLaser
Price: $ FREE
What it does: it searches for low online and local prices.
Why I like it: you use the camera to scan the UPC barcode and the program does the rest. So easy even a caveman can do it.

And the following cost a few dollars

Name of App: Navigon MobileNavigator North America
Price: $59.99 (I paid $89.99 when it first came out)
What it does: Transforms your iPhone into a fully functional mobile navigation system.
Why I like it: I spend a lot of time on the road and I don’t want to get lost and make it take even longer

Name of App: LogMeIn Ignition
Price: $29.99
What it does: Allows you to control your PC or Mac from anywhere, over the web with your iPhone.
Why I like it: It allows you to control your PC or Mac from anywhere, over the web with your iPhone. Need I say more?


Name of App: HomeBudget with Sync.
Price: $4.99
What it does: It helps you track your expenses, income, bills-due and account balances.
Why I like it: Keeps my finances organized (when I update it)

Name of App: Geocaching
Price: $9.99
What it does: Geocaching is a global treasure hunting game. This app. Connects you to geocaching.com to give you all the information available on the website and turns your iPhone into a GPS Tracking device.
Why I like it: Have you ever tried geocaching? If so you already know and if you haven’t tried it then you need this app. happy hunting. (good fun for the whole family)

Name of App: AllSport GPS
Price: $9.99
What it does: it’s a full featured workout tracker and GPS enabled trainer for fitness activities.
Why I like it: I can track my distance biking using GPS and it calculates the calories burned and tracks the time it took.

Hope you enjoy the list.
Ken (rpmarketing)

No comments: