Sunday, March 13, 2011

My 5 Favorite iPhone Apps shared by Danusha C.

1. Total Baby

Price: $5.99 AUD

What It Does: This is my favourite application. It lets you log and track all aspects of your baby's child care. It lets you record nappies, feeds, sleeps and bathtimes. Also your able to keep a diary, record important milestones, doctor's visits, growth and immunisations. I really like the growth charts, your able to see at a glance what percentile your child is on the WHO and CDC charts, and you can tell if your child is putting on enough weight or not. You are able to back up ALL the information via email and you can sync the information with another iPhone, so both parents can have the same information (handy when one phone runs out of battery). You don't need internet to access the information in this application, only when you need to email for back up or wi-fi to sync and transfer information to another phone.

Why I Like It: I use this application everyday, it has helped me through the haze sleep deprevation and I can see at a glance when my child last had something to eat, or if he is cranky because it has been ages since his last sleep. I wouldn't of got through my post natal depression without this application, it helped me focus and see to my child's needs.

2. Jumbline Lite

Price: Free (can purchase full version for $2.49 AUD)

What It Does: It is a word puzzle game that you need to complete before the timer ends. The tiles kinda remind me of scrabble. Not all common words are there, I think the dictionary it uses is not an Australian one, definately no slang words. You can post your scores to facebook.

Why I Like It: It is a great time waster, and I find it addictive. You get a rush trying to beat the timer to complete as many words as possible to progress to the next level.


3. Allrecipes.com.au (Dinner Spinner)

Price: Free (can buy Allrecipes Pro for $5.99 AUD)

What It Does: Stuck for dinner ideas?? Not sure how to combine bananas and shellfish, then this is the application for you. This is the best way to find recipes, complete with photos and reviews. Search by dish type (eg dinner, cakes, soup), by ingredients, by time, or if your really stuck, shake your phone for ideas and let the 'spinner' do all the work.

Why I Like It: Great when walking around the shops trying to find something to cook for dinner, can pull up a recipe and shop for all the ingredients on the spot. Has thousands of different recipes, you will never be bored.


4. Sunday Lawn

Price: $1.19 AUD

What It Does: This is a great game, join Charlie and his wild mower as he moves from yard to yard to clean up the neighbourhood. He has to avoid animals, dog poo and other obstacles. Collect starts and improve your score, 40 lawns to master. It is a very, very addictive and frustrating game.

Why I Like It: It doesn't require internet connection to play, no pop up adds while playing. Great to play when waiting in a waiting room or bored while at a family gathering.


5. Webjet Australia

Price: Free

What It Does: This applications lets you compare and book cheap domestic Australian and New Zealand flights with Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Blue, Tiger Airways, Air New Zealand, Rex and Sky West. Adds a small booking fee onto your ticket when purchased. Lets you download your itinerary to your iphone, so you will always make your flight on time.

Why I Like It: It is great to see at a glace what the price of tickets are so your able to save for your holiday and so you can get a good bargain if you book early. I like that your able to book where ever you are, if you need a flight quick, this is also a great application.

I hope you enjoy these suggestions, and they give you some different ideas of what is out there

No comments: