Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sharing 5 iPhone Apps that I use everyday!

1.
Name of App: Mr. Bill
Price: 0.99
What does it do: Game that works with GameCenter. Mr. Bill gets jobs thru Sluggo Employment agency and you guide Mr. Bill thru the dangers of each level. When he crashes "oooooh noooooo".
Why I like it: I'm no good at games, but I liked the Mr. Bill character from years ago on late night TV. He sort of looks like Jack from Jack-in-the-Box. I laugh so hard when playing this game and it's hard for me to put down. I have a 9 year old kid that visits me a couple of times a month and I let him play it (he loves it too) to get me to better levels as he is a wiz at all games. Otherwise, I would still be on the first game. It's fun and funny. The sounds are great fun.
2.
Name of App: Vaestro Talk Now
Price: Free
What does it do: It's a voice blogging app. They have this Vaestro channel and you record 30 second voice clips and post them. Other users can comment and reply back and your topics can get replies from people all over. These clips are posted to the Vaestro website for other users to see and you can also auto post to Facebook and Twitter. You can even include your Vaestro voice blog in your Blogger blog as a separate tab.
Why I like it: It's easy to use. Many users are on there and they post a variety of topics. There are posts that are like current news events and that makes it easy to share your views and discuss further. There is a chit chat channel for more frivilous posts. A friendly lot of people all around. Try it out. Matt, the CEO and inventor is easy to talk to and Stacy has such good news and other posts.
3.
Name of App: WeReward
Price: Free
What does it do: You can earn points that convert into money that's paid by PayPal just for checking in at places that you visit. It's sort of fun and easy to do. For example, when you go to Walgreens, you check in and have to take and submit a picture, using the app, of you, your purchase and the store logo, I simply stand in front of their window sign, hold up my bag and get the picture of my hand holding the Walgreens bag and part of their signage. Other merchants aren't so picky, just a pic of the store sign is good enough. You can also make points for products as well, like Reese's Cup, a pic of me holding the wrapper and taking a bite out one got me 50 points. At Taco Bell, a pic of you eating your purchase, with the wrapper showing the Taco Bell logo. I usually have a stooge with me to take pictures of or it uses the front facing camera to take the pic if you like. You also make a comment about the place and give them stars. It posts to Twitter and maybe to Facebook.
Why I like it: Since I have no life and plenty of time and no money, every little bit helps. Try it out today. Here's my referral link: http://bit.ly/dIgk0J . It's enjoyable. When your points and posts are approved, the app "oinks". Sometimes I post negative comments if I get bad service at a place. These comments are sent to the companies.
4.
Name of App: HeyTel
Price: Free
What does it do: This is a cross platform voice messenger app that allows you to instantly send and reply to 1 way voice messages to friends, family and others that use this app. It works like PTT, like those Nextel phones, remember, but not as annoying. It uses push messages to give you notifications, which are free. I don't have unlimited text messages and don't like to type the text messages anyway, so sending these voice clips is a lot easier for me and listening to them is better when you are on the go. Works on wifi or 3G. There is some way you can use it with Facebook friends, but I haven't figured that out yet. You can also show location information if you wish. It's very non-intrusive.
Why I like it: Free and doesn't use up my text message allowance. Works really well and I don't have to type or read the messages. Just push a button and record and I'm done. It's easy to invite your contacts to use it as well. It works on iPhone or Android type phone, maybe BB as well. Try it out and HeyTel me!
5.
Name of App: Waze, Social GPS Navigation
Price: Free
What does it do: Why pay for a navigation system when you can get a great one for free? Waze is a community supported navigation system that works well for me. You just put in where you need to go and it gives you maps and voice guided directions. If you are in areas that are unknown to Waze, you can feed the new information into the system and get points for that. I've not been in that situation before, but I imagine some areas might be "uncharted". The best feature is live incident reporting, like traffic jams, accidents, road hazards, etc. These are done by the reporting services and also by other users in the area. There's a chit chat feature as well for short comments to other users. It will alert you of speed traps too. You can join groups and interact with friends as well.
Why I like it: It's much more up to date than my navigation system and I like using the iPhone for most everything. You can report things, by hitting a button and it marks your location and when you stop, you can enter in the details so you don't have type and drive at the same time. You get points and awards for using the app. You can't buy anything with them, but it makes you look "good". Lots of features.

My iPhone comments in general: I have had the iPhone since they first came out, along with the other type phones. I was a pioneer in the mobile phone business, so I know the history and development of this industry. I have had all the models of the iPhone and since I got the iPhone4, I can highly recommend it to everyone as the best one yet. One feature they mentioned on the new phone is the battery life would be longer. Well, maybe so, but this phone does so much more with it's multitasking, that I use the battery faster, so I've gotten a Mophie battery pack that gives me a boost. I didn't even know about FaceTime until after I had purchased my phone and it's really a cool feature. You can talk face to face with people anywhere over wifi without using your minutes. I have spoken to people in Peru, Japan, Mississippi and maybe one other place. Unfortunately, I have no iPhone4 friends, so I don't use it personally. It is a great feature and works really well. If you don't have the iPhone4, you are missing something! I sold my iPhone3G for $30 less that I paid for the iPhone4 on Craigslist for cash to someone 3 blocks away from me 15 minutes after I posted the ad. I had 100 hits on my ad within the first hour. I did not think of this before I bought the phone, my son suggested it. Smart kids these days.

1 comment:

Tony Payne said...

Mr. Bill sounds like fun. Being able to record short snippets on the go would really help my blogging. I get great ideas, but by the time I comd to use them, I have forgotten them again.