Thursday, May 26, 2011

Skype Extras | Are There Any Skype Apps That Can Be Downloaded To A Normal Messaging Phone Such As The Samsung Flight?

Or does it have to be a 3G smart phone? Such as a blackberry or iphone? I need to know before i update my phone... I would rather just pay the 10 extra dollars for a regular messaging phone to have skype rather then pay 40 extra a month to get the 3G network on a more expensive phone. But if i can't then it will make my decision more hard,however i'd rather know then be clueless.Please help me. This is extremely important for me to know. If you have any information it would most likely make my headache go away : P

None in the US. There are some phones in Europe with built-in Skype, and there's some rumors of a hacked client for Samsung phones, but it only works over Wifi, Verizon and their Android phones seem to support Skype over 3G. ---Kasey C, PC guru since Apple II daysGive me ambiguity or give me something else.

Just done some research and i think it is only on the 3g netowrk realy, cos the iphone has aquired something to do with the 3g network, and so can ue skype. So to answer the question, i think you do have to have 3g in some form to call, cos thats the network it uses. Or im pretty sure its that way.

P.S check this link out, it may explain something to do with your cell phone.

None in the US.

There are some phones in Europe with built-in Skype, and there's some rumors of a hacked client for Samsung phones, but it only works over Wifi, Verizon and their Android phones seem to support Skype over 3G.

---

Kasey C, PC guru since Apple II days

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

The Skype mobile app is currently available only on phones running Symbian S60, Maemo (Nokia N900/Nokia N800/N810), the iPhone as well as on the Sony PSP. It is essential to have a high speed broadband connection (3G or Wi-Fi) for Skype to be effective. This unfortunately means that you would have to upgrade to a compatible smartphone & a high speed network to use Skype or opt for handsets that have native support for Skype.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

No comments: