Saturday, May 21, 2011

Skype Extras | What Does It Cost To Make Certain Calls Using Skype?

My boyfriend just moved to England and I really want to keep in contact with him. He and I both have BlackBerry Bolds, with data plans, and we were looking at using Skype. Are Skype to Skype Calls free like they are when using a computer, or will it cost extra since it is used through a phone?

Skype calls on your blackberry do not use you voice minutes if you call to another skype id (cost extra to call to a phone number) but they do cost in your data plan. See skype web site for details as it is complicated.

Skype is a free service. Depending on your cell phone service provider, you may get charged for data. If I were you, I would call the service provider and confirm that it won't charge you for data usage.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

No comments: