Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What Is Skype | What Are Other Good Voice Call Programs Other Than Skype?

I am using Skype, for free voice calls and also for calls to my fiancee's cell and home phone (she is in the USA, I am in Australia). I am just wondering if there are any other call programs that might have better call rates than Skype does?

Basically, there are two ways for you to try this as an end user:1. You can hire a local VoIP provider in Australia that offers you convenient rates. If you try this, you will want to look for a provider that is as near as your place as possible and, of course, one that offers you convenient rates for your destination in the USA. Also, check out if you can have some kind of trial, specially if they want an agreement of a certain number of months.2. You can hire two SIP accounts, one local to you an another one near the destination you wish to call. What you are looking for here is SIP providers that allow free SIP to SIP calls without problems.Then, you link the destination account so that it routes the incoming calls to a given number (that would be your girlfriend number). This methods results in cheaper rates, but you need to do some research and trial and check up people's opinions.I give you a few links here. The first one will debrief you on that "SIP" thing I mentioned before. The second one debriefs you on the fact that you don't usually need to deal with servers when you use Skype. The fourth one talks a little bit more about Skype and SIP, and the last one is a link to a forum where you might get more answers (there are many forums about internet telephony; this one is free and I have successfully used it for consultations and I have even published some stuff there myself; I am sure it will help you)If you need some further advice, you can write to me at this address marc@voipphoneplanet.com, and we can open a thread in yet another forum that I manage myself.There are also some interesting offers published in a page called freecallhub (see last link). You might something suitable for you there.Finally, you could give the callarc project a try (I have not tried it myself, just heard of it)Good luck, mate !Marc

No . Skype is the best software .

Better call RATES? Maybe. (There are thousands of VoIP services.) Better call quality? No. If you pay less you'll probably get less.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

No comments: