Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Skype Tools | Why Do My Start Up Programs Keep Disappearing?

My start up programs keep disappearing. Programs like Google Talk, Skype, etc. I keep adding them and they keep disappearing from the list. Have a look at this screenshot. http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/655/prbvx2.gif . The list is supposed to be full of programs. Programs like skype, google talk, firewall, touchpad driver, daemon tools, etc. I add them again and restart my computer, and the programs start but they disappear from the list again. What can be causing this? I scanned my computer with Spyware Doctor and Kaspersky antivirus but didnt find anything. :(No thats not Windows Vista. Thats just a theme.

I had a similar problem once. Look for a file called avupdate.exe . Start > Search. If you find such a file, delete it. Then add the programs to Windows start up again. That should solve the problem.

No idea. Is that Windows Vista? Might be the problem? Its still Beta, you know....

I can give you a link that deals with hard drive problems.

Some RAM/ hard drive problems can be easily fixed yourself by using easily available tools. I found the info at http://fixit.in useful

Powered by Yahoo Answers

No comments: